|1||Thank you for participating 2021 Board election||1||1||MediaWiki message delivery||2021-09-02 12:52|
|2||The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January||1||1||SGrabarczuk (WMF)||2021-09-07 08:23|
|3||維基媒體基金會理事會理事選舉結果發表||1||1||MediaWiki message delivery||2021-09-08 20:09|
|4||Participate in the Universal Code of Conduct Roundtable||1||1||MediaWiki message delivery||2021-09-10 12:29|
|5||Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021||1||1||Xeno (WMF)||2021-09-11 00:43|
|6||Server switch||1||1||SGrabarczuk (WMF)||2021-09-11 08:46|
|7||Talk to the Community Tech||1||1||SGrabarczuk (WMF)||2021-09-11 11:04|
|8||Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24||1||1||MediaWiki message delivery||2021-09-22 10:31|
Thank you for participating 2021 Board election[編輯原始碼]
Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.
6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.
Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better. MediaWiki message delivery（討論） via MediaWiki message delivery（討論） 2021年9月2日 (四) 04:52 (UTC)
The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[編輯原始碼]
- Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight
- Victoria Doronina
- Dariusz Jemielniak
- Lorenzo Losa
目前是以社群投票結果列出四名候選人，然而，他們仍未正式成為理事會的一員，候選人仍須經背景審查並達到 Bylaws 列出的標準。理事會暫定會在本月底正式任用新的成員。
Participate in the Universal Code of Conduct Roundtable[編輯原始碼]
The Movement Strategy and Governance facilitation team is hosting Roundtable discussions on 18 September 2021 at 03:00 UTC and 15:00 UTC for Wikimedians to talk together about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct . These calls are part of the Universal Code of Conduct project Phase 2 Enforcement draft guidelines review (EDGR).
Each session will last for 90 to 120 minutes and translation support for various languages will be provided. Also, sessions in specific languages may also be held depending on demand. Community members are encouraged to sign up in advance and add the topic to discuss during roundtable session.
For more information, please visit roundtable discussion information page at Meta-wiki. --MediaWiki message delivery（討論） 2021年9月10日 (五) 04:29 (UTC)
Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[編輯原始碼]
Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.
The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.
English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.
We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:
- Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
- Are ready to find compromises.
- Focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Have knowledge of community consultations.
- Have intercultural communication experience.
- Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
- Have experience negotiating with different parties.
The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.
Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030wikimedia.org with questions.
Xeno (WMF) 2021年9月10日 (五) 16:43 (UTC)
Talk to the Community Tech[編輯原始碼]
As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.
- How we prioritize the wishes to be granted
- Why we decided to change the date from November 2021 to January 2022
- Update on the disambiguation and the real-time preview wishes
- Questions and answers
The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.
We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join online
- Meeting ID: 898 2861 5390
- One tap mobile
- +16465588656,,89828615390# US (New York)
- +16699006833,,89828615390# US (San Jose)
- Dial by your location
Movement Charter Drafting Committee - Community Elections to take place October 11 - 24[編輯原始碼]
Dear fellow Wikimedians,
This is an update from the Movement Charter process. We have closed the call for candidates on September 14 for the Drafting Committee and now have a pool of candidates with diverse backgrounds to choose from.
The 15 member committee will be selected with a 3-step process:
- Election process for project communities to elect 7 members of the committee.
- Selection process for affiliates to select 6 members of the committee.
- Wikimedia Foundation process to appoint 2 members of the committee.
- Communities elect 7 members
- This announcement is related to the community elections, which will take place in a time period of 2 weeks from October 11 to October 24. We look forward to a wide participation across the communities to create the committee to curate the writing of the Movement Charter. The Election Results will be published on November 1.
- Affiliates select 6 members
- Parallel to the election process, all affiliates asked to contribute as well: All affiliates were divided into eight geographic and one 『thematic』 region (check the list), and each region chooses one person who will act as a selector for that region. These 9 selectors will come together to select 6 of the committee (from the same pool of candidates). The selection results will be published on November 1.
- Wikimedia Foundation appoints 2 members
- Finally, the Wikimedia Foundation will appoint two members to the committee by November 1.
All three processes will be concluded by November 1, 2021, so that the Movement Charter Drafting Committee can start working by then.
For the full context of the Movement Charter, its role, as well the process for its creation, please have a look at Meta. You can also contact us at any time on Telegram or via email (email@example.com).